Connect with us

Belgium

Jürgen Conings search restarted at Hoge Kempen park

On Wednesday, Belgian soldiers and agents started another search in National Park Hoge Kempen for the fugitive military Jürgen Conings.

In the early morning, the authorities gathered in the forest area near the stadium of KRC Genk, reports the Belgian newspaper Het Belang van Limburg.

The fugitive soldier from Dilsen-Stokkem, just across the border at Grevenbicht, stole heavy weapons from the Leopoldsburg Barracks last month. Among other things, he took anti-tank rocket launchers, automatic weapons and ammunition. Conings is said to be targeting Belgian virologist Marc Van Ranst.

The Hoge Kempen National Park near the Dutch-Belgian border has already been searched twice. Last week they searched a business park in Lanklaar. Despite the search, Conings is still unaccounted for.

Newsletter Signup

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Jumbo City will be opened in the heart of Antwerp

Belgium

Travellers coming from Morocco face new restrictions

Belgium

Belgium bids farewell to the research vessel Belgica, which moves to Ukraine

Belgium

COVID Passports are glitching but that’s OK, says Ministry of health

Belgium

Newsletter Signup

Copyright © Brussels Post News

Newsletter Signup