Connect with us

Brussels

Brussels Fire Service launches recruitment campaign

archieffoto

Brussels Fire Service launches recruitment campaign

The Brussels Fire Service has launched a new recruitment campaign in an effort to find a total of 72 new firefighters. Of the 72, 24 must be Dutch-speaking and 48 Francophone. 

Speaking at the launch of the new recruitment campaign, the Brussels Fire Service’s spokesman  Walter Derieuw said that “We are looking 24 Dutch-speaking men and women to reinforce the ranks of the Brussels Fire Service straight away. We will also be drafting a recruitment reserve list of 75 Dutch-speakers and twice that number of Francophones. In Brussels, in order to ensure that regional public services such as the Fire Service are sufficiently bi-lingual recruitment quotas are in place for Francophones and Dutch-speakers.

The recruitment procedure and the various test that candidates will have to undergo will run until at least early April next year. After that the first successful candidates will start their training.  

Walter Derieuw told VRT News the first of the new recruits should be working as firefighters within 18 months. 

Medical assistance

Mr Derieuw went onto say that "The main task performed by the Brussels Fire Service is emergency medical assistance. We staff the 112 (emergency number) ambulance in the Brussels-Capital Region. This work accounts for 80% of their daily duties. The remaining 20% is firefighting, emptying flooded cellars, freeing people that are trapped,…)”. 

Newsletter Signup

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Brussels Minister hopes to encourage more foreign residents to vote in the municipal elections

Brussels

A weak EU Lobbying Structure

News

EU Council president says international community is “losing a sense of urgency

News

Ortigia, the Cineteca dello Stretto restores a film from 1919

News

Newsletter Signup

Copyright © Brussels Post News

Newsletter Signup